
So I wanted to give you all a taste of the driving and traffic throughout India. There are no traffic rules, as it seems as if it is a free for all. You drive on the opposite side of the road, and drive in the right seat of a car as opposed the left. Motorcycles are a major source of transportation. Now as for the number of people on the motorcycle, you can have anywhere from one to copious amounts of people. We would see a father, mother, and their two or three children all on a single motorcycle. Mothers would even be holding infants. I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that no helmets were worn. Women would also sit in a side sitting position as opposed to the typical way you would ride a motorcycle. We were all amazed by their balance and peaceful look while riding. I would definitely look like I was holding on for dear life. In the video I posted we are riding in vehicles called "autos." They are compared to our US taxis. The video is from when we were on our way back from Sari shopping. What a different way of life. It is amazing to compare ways of living.
No comments:
Post a Comment